October 24, 2021, will once again be remembered in the history of the USA province. On October 24, 1923, the Sisters started their mission in Merrill, Wisconsin. After all the decades in which the Sisters worked with great dedication to meet the needs of the times, the change from the Province USA to the structure House USA was completed after exactly 98 years.
On October 24, 2021, Sr. Marija Brizar, Superior General, read the decree establishing the new structure House USA during a solemn Eucharistic service presided by priest Jim Bartelme.
Sr. Marija thanked all the Sisters for the accomplished process, especially the Sisters of the Provincial Leadership. Therese Malm will support the new team in her role as coordinator.
As a sign of the special connectedness to the Motherhouse, Sr. Dorothee Halbach lit a candle at the beginning of the celebration that she had brought with her, which had previously burned in Ingenbohl at the grave of Father Theodosius and in the crypt at the grave of Mother Maria Theresia.
Before the service, all the sisters were invited to a common lunch. After the service there was enough time to meet the Associates and Sisters at a reception where all enjoyed desserts and good conversation.
We wish God’s blessing for all the sisters in the newly built house and for all steps in the future.