Address: Provinzhaus, Ružová 4, SK – 917 02 Trnava
Phone: +421 33 553 63 65
Website: www.sestrysvkriza.sk, www.zdenka.sk
The Province was erected in 1927
The first sisters from Ingenbohl reached what today is part of Slovakia on 21st February 1865. The activities of the sisters were so beneficial, that many young women were inspired by them. The province of Slovakia was established in 1927, then counting 230 members. The first provincial house was in Podunajské Biskupice. In 1950 the house was confiscated and the sisters had to leave the place. From 1954 to 1969 young women were not allowed to join a religious community. After that period the provice flourished by new members joining.
A new provincial house was built in Trnava in 1995. Today it is the center of the slovakian province, and the place where the young members are introduced to religious life. At present the province counts 187 sisters.
The 167 sisters live in 24 communities, two of these are located in a part of Rumania where a slovakian minority is living.
The activities of the sisters are manifold. They are engaged in social work, in hospitals, in education and formation, take active part in parish life, support families. They are involved in the apostolate for children and youth, and visit prisoners.
Special projects or focal points
The focal point of our province is the steady effort to deepen our charism and spirituality, and to collaborate with lay persons on every level.
The nurse`s training school in Ružomberok is the only establishment owned by the province. The sisters are also in charge of its direction.
The beatification of Sr. Zdenka Schelingová by Pope John Paul II took place in Bratislava on 14. September 2003.
Specially in Slovakia, many people venerate Sr. Zdenka, and the veneration is increasing. Many contacts are established through her: with people of different age groups, with parishes that ask for information and her relics.