We, Sisters of Mercy of the Holy Cross, are an international religious community of the Catholic Church. We let ourselves be formed by our Charism and are committed to social, educational and pastoral projects for the benefit of humanity.
Our religious community was founded in 1856 by Capuchin Father Theodosius Florentini and Sister Mary Theresa Scherer (1825-1888). The community was meant to be an effective answer to the increasing needs of the time in the 19th century. Today, there are more than 2800
sisters belonging to our community in 18 different countries; they meet the manifold needs of the time with openness and energy.