Province South India
Address: Holy Cross Convent, No.1 Davis Road, St. Thomas Town, Bangalore 560 084
Phone: 080 – 25477757
About the Province
Birth of the province: 14 September 1991
At its beginning: Number of communities: 18, Number of sisters: 113.
At present: 223 sisters in 34 communities serving in 22 dioceses of 6 states in India: Karnataka, Goa, Kerala, Tamilnadu, Maharashtra and Manipur.
Besides this, two of our sisters are serving in the mission in Uganda and one sister as General Councillor in Switzerland.
- Education, from nursery school to professional colleges, along with different vocational training programmes.
- Residential and non-residential schools for differently abled children.
- Health care in hospitals and health centres: free medical camps, clinical counselling, palliative care in the homes, and mobile medical services in the villages.
- Care for by HIV affected children, senior citizens, senior disabled persons, women in distress, destitute women, street children, as well as girls and women threatened by human trafficking.
- Hostels for students and working women.
- Pastoral services.
- Vocation and formation ministry.
- To live the vision of the province – “Rooted in the crucified and risen Lord we witness the merciful face of the Father.”
- To start one mission station in the rural areas of North Karnataka to promote the socio-pastoral development of the poor rural population.
- To develop our communities as spiritual places.