HEARTY WELCOME

We, Sisters of Mercy of the Holy Cross, are an international religious community of the Catholic Church. We let ourselves be formed by our Charism and are committed to social, educational and pastoral projects for the benefit of humanity.

Our religious community was founded in 1856 by Capuchin Father Theodosius Florentini and Sister Mary Theresa Scherer (1825-1888). The community was meant to be an effective answer to the increasing needs of the time in the 19th century. Today, there are more than 3200 sisters belonging to our community in 20 different countries; they meet the manifold needs of the time with openness and energy.

News

Meeting of the Provincial Treasurers

On June 12 and 13, 2019, the meeting of the Provincial Treasurers from the 6 European provinces took place read more↗

The Second Group of Pilgrim Sisters from India are in the Mother House

Hearty Welcome to the second group of Pilgrims from the Provinces of India Northeast, India East and India Mid India. read more↗

Home visit and Golden jubilee

We happily welcome Sister Lidia Boito from Brazil. read more↗

Hearty Welcome to the Mother House

Hearty Welcome to the Mother House to fourteen of our Indian Sisters of the South and Central Province.
read more↗

Farewell and New Beginning

On 29th April, Sr. Ida Maria Schnetzer was given Farewell by the sisters of the Generalate Community. read more↗