HEARTY WELCOME

We, Sisters of Mercy of the Holy Cross, are an international religious community of the Catholic Church. We let ourselves be formed by our Charism and are committed to social, educational and pastoral projects for the benefit of humanity.

Our religious community was founded in 1856 by Capuchin Father Theodosius Florentini and Sister Mary Theresa Scherer (1825-1888). The community was meant to be an effective answer to the increasing needs of the time in the 19th century. Today, there are more than 3200 sisters belonging to our community in 20 different countries; they meet the manifold needs of the time with openness and energy.

News

Unity in diversity

International and intercultural read more↗

The Congress comes to an end

Concluding read more↗

St. Damiano, Rivotorto and Carceri

Together on the way read more↗

Meeting and sharing during the Congress

Father Ludger Ägidius Schulte OFMCap accompanied the group read more↗

Routes and Locations

Encounter with important places of Saint Francis of Assisi read more↗